• Up to 120 km distance
• BiDi support (single fibre)
• Multimode and singlemode SFPs
• Dual 10 V to 60 VDC power input
• 500,000h MTBF according to MIL HDBK-217K
• Compact housing with integral DIN rail clip
• Asynchronous and synchronous support to 1.5 Mbit/s
• Integral selectable failsafe and termination
• Half- and full duplex bus mode (Y/V mode)
• Ring recovery < 1 ms
• Latency < 0.5 ms allowing 250 units per ring
• Galvanically isolated fault status output
The ODW-730-F2 has been designed to allow the use of fibre optic cables on RS-422/485 networks. The design allows the use of a range of Westermo verified SFP (Small Form Pluggable) transceivers which can provide solutions with, for example, only a single fibre or distances up to 120 km.
Both multidrop networks and redundant rings can be formed using a mixture of transceiver types.
This unit has been designed for industrial use where the requirement is for a long and reliable service life, in a harsh environment. To ensure this reliable operation we manufacture using the highest quality components.
The ODW-730 draws on Westermo’s many years of knowledge of serial protocols and can be used on both synchronous and asynchronous data streams. The switch selectable termination circuit saves the need for external terminating resistors.
Large ring networks can be created to provide network resilience to guarantee system functionality, even if a cable is damaged. The ring recovery time ensures that the network devices are not aware of the failure. The fault contact provides a method to communicate network failures.
Carl de Bruin